Uses, dosages, and side effects
What is Klonopin?
Klonopin is a prescription medicine that is generally used to treat seizures and panic disorder symptoms. This medicine belongs to a class of drugs known as Benzodiazepines, Anxiolytics, Antianxiety Agents, and Anticonvulsants. This medicine can be used alone or with other medications. Klonopin is also called an antiepileptic drug or anticonvulsant. This drug works by calming your nerves or brain. This drug is also sometimes used to treat alcohol withdrawal disorders and difficulty sleeping problems. A doctor usually prescribes the medicine and determines the appropriate dosage for you.
Uses of Klonopin
This medicine is used for the treatment of anxiety, short-term management of epilepsy, and panic disorder with or without agoraphobia. Read below the use of this medicine.
Seizures: This drug is used as the treatment of first-line acute seizures. The drug is not prescribed to treat long-term seizures caused due to the development of tolerance to the anticonvulsant effects. Klonopin has been found effective in the treatment of epilepsy in children and so it is sometimes used to treat certain rare childhood epilepsies. The medicine is also used to control acute non-convulsive status epilepticus. The medicine is also approved for treating infantile myoclonic, typical and atypical seizures, akinetic seizures, and myoclonic.
Anxiety disorders: This drug is used for the treatment of anxiety disorders, like social phobia, but is used off-label, meaning the medicine is approved for one use but is prescribed for different use.
Muscle disorders: Klonopin is used for the treatment of restless legs syndrome as a third-line treatment option since the use of this medicine is still investigational. This medicine has been found effective in treating Bruxism in the short term. Low doses of this drug are sometimes used to control rapid eye movement sleep behavior disorder.
Klonopin is also used for the treatment of other disorders like:
- Mania or acute psychosis-induced aggression.
- Antipsychotics (acute and chronic akathisia stimulated by neuroleptics)
- Spasticity related to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- Different forms of parasomnia and other sleeping disorders
- Alcohol withdrawal syndrome
Precautions before taking Klonopin
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the drug before taking it. This drug may contain inactive ingredients that may cause allergic reactions or other problems.
- Before taking this medicine tell your doctor about your medical history if you have eye problems like narrow-angle glaucoma, blood disorders such as porphyria, kidney disease, lung or breathing problems, liver disease, mental or mood problems, personal or family history of a substance use disorder like addiction or overuse of alcohol or drugs.
- The long-term effects on physical and mental or behavioral development in children are uncertain and may not be seen until after many years. Talk about the benefits and risks of treatment with Klonopin with your doctor.
- Older adults may be more sensitive to the side effects of this medicine, especially confusion and drowsiness. These side effects in adults may increase the danger of falls.
- During pregnancy, this drug should be used only when it is very necessary. Over-use of this medicine may harm your baby. However, as untreated seizures are a serious condition that may harm both a pregnant woman and her unborn baby, do not stop taking this drug unless directed by your doctor. Consult your doctor immediately to know about the risks and benefits of using this medicine during pregnancy. Also, talk to your doctor before breastfeeding as the drug passes into breast milk and may have unwanted effects on a nursing infant.
If you want to buy Klonopin online, 48 Hour Pills, a registered pharmacy, is the right place for you. The online pharmacy sells the medicine, allowing you to purchase the drug from the convenience of your home. However, Klonopin should be bought only from licensed and reliable online pharmacies selling the medicine.
How to take Klonopin?
Klonopin is a prescription medicine that helps people with seizures and panic attacks. The drug should be taken with extreme caution to avoid side effects. Follow the procedures mentioned here to take Klonopin:
- Before you start taking this medicine, make sure you read all of the directions on your prescription. Before taking the drug, read all of the medication manuals, patient information sheets, and instruction papers that were given to you by your doctor.
- Klonopin tablets should be taken whole with water. It must not be crushed in any way.
- It is possible to take the drug with or without food. If you have an upset stomach, take the pills with food.
- Never take Klonopin for longer than your doctor has prescribed to you. Addiction, overdose, and death can all result from misusing the medication.
- If Klonopin is given to youngsters, their weight should be carefully monitored. If your kid gains or loses weight, the dose may need to be adjusted by your doctor.
- Stopping Klonopin without consulting your doctor is not a good idea. Your doctor will monitor your improvement and advice you when the ideal time is to stop taking the medicine.
- Avoid drinking alcohol and using illegal substances while taking Klonopin.
Dosage of Klonopin
Your healthcare practitioner will recommend a Klonopin dosage after determining your situation and you should stick to the same. Your Klonopin dosage will be determined by your doctor based on the severity and kind of your illness, your age, and any other medical conditions you may have.
- Klonopin comes in three different strengths: 0.5 mg, 1 mg, and 2 mg. According to your condition, your doctor will recommend your dosage.
- Klonopin is taken once a day as determined by your healthcare practitioner.
- To have the best benefits, take Klonopin at the same time every day.
Get Klonopin Within 48 Hours!
What happens if you miss a dose?
If you miss taking your Klonopin dose, you must do it as quickly as possible. If your next dose is only a few hours away, skip the missed dose. For the next dose, stick to your usual dosing regimen. Taking two doses at the same time can cause major complications.
What happens if you overdose?
Klonopin overdose is exceedingly dangerous, and it can even be fatal. Contact your doctor right away if you suspect you’ve taken too much of this medication. If your symptoms are severe, go to the local emergency room right soon. Overdosage symptoms of Klonopin include:
- Trouble breathing
Side effects of Klonopin
Klonopin users may have a variety of adverse effects, ranging from moderate to severe. Therefore, patients should take Klonopin only for the amount of time suggested by the doctor. Misusing the medicine can lead to addiction, overdose, and even death in some cases.
Common side effects
The most common side effects related to Klonopin use are listed below:
- Problems with walking
- Memory loss
- Rash or hives
You may have the side effects for a few days or weeks. You should see a doctor if they get more severe or don’t seem to go away.
Serious side effects
When you take Klonopin, you may experience serious side effects. The following side effects can be seen in patients:
- New and worsening seizures, paranoia, confusion, nightmares, and hallucinations.
- Shortness of breath, tiredness, dizziness, trouble sleeping, panic attacks, hostile attitude.
- Increased heart rate, memory impairment, headache, restlessness.
- Severe allergic reaction, facial swelling.
- Depression, suicidal tendency.
- Liver disease.
Continued use of the drug may result in long-term side effects. If the side effects do not improve or become bothersome, talk to your doctor.
Side effects in elderly people
The use of Klonopin may result in side effects in elderly people. Drowsiness or dizziness may linger longer in elderly people due to the use of the medicine. Other side effects among the elderly include:
- Memory problems
- Problems with walking
- Breathing problem
How to buy Klonopin online?
Klonopin can be purchased online. If you use an online pharmacy service you might be able to get your medicines delivered right to your doorstep. Several licensed US pharmacies sell this drug online at a discounted price and deliver the medicines to your home for free. However, a verified prescription from a doctor is necessary to buy Klonopin online. Online pharmacies are open seven days a week, 24 hours a day. So, you can order the medicine over the internet whenever it is convenient for you.